10 Feb 2012

Race Time

At the end of last year I was fortunate enough to gain the support of Milani Cycles, an Italian based bike company. The company origins go back to 1927 when cyclist Natale Milani started creating his first frames. The family history continued in 2005 when Natale's son, Celeste, decided to build the business up and create a modern company. All the frames are handmade in Italy, with a passion behind the business that you don't always see with the massive manufacturers.
Considering the promptness of Celeste Milani, it’s hard to believe he lives thousands of kms away, working away in his Italian factory. When my rear Ambrosio wheel was damaged in transit, Celeste had another shipped to me in under a week, no stress! The bike is now ready to go for my first race of 2012, with my last ITU race being in Lausanne for the WCS....it’s been a while! Emma Moffat and I have been training together under the guidance of Craig Walton and we will all head down to Geelong tomorrow to begin our season. Its finally race time and I’m excited.
Wish me luck; with people like Moffy on the line, you know it’s going to be a very fast race.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment